It was November 4, 2014. I had just hit the publish button for the very first time. You Want Me to Start a Blog? Are you Kidding Me! was suddenly floating around in cyberspace. My heart was pounding and my knees were shaking. I was way outside of my comfort zone and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. And now a year later? I’m still outside of my comfort zone and I still don’t really know what I’m doing.
It’s not been an easy year. I’ve typed in the middle of the night when little voices weren’t talking to me. I’ve had to lay down my pride and publish things that I really didn’t want anyone to know. I’ve pushed through when writer’s block ran over me like a freight train. My husband grabbed my hand when I almost drowned in a sea of criticism. He pulled me out and he told me to keep going. I kept going when everything in me wanted to give up.
The main reason I didn’t give up is simply because I’m stubborn. I made a commitment to blog for one year. I was going to blog for a year no matter what happened. At the end of September I counted the weeks until November 4th. And I whispered to myself that I would be done.
The very next day I received a comment from Ileana. She had read my Taking the Long Way Around post. She said that she’s familiar with taking the long way around and that she’s very blessed by my blog. I was suddenly reminded of why I started this blog in the first place. I felt isolated and alone. And I knew that there were other families out there who felt the same way. I hoped that my words would touch hearts and that my story would help others live their story. If my blog touches even one life then it’s worth my time. I sent Ileana an email and thanked her for her comment and she encouraged me to keep writing.
So this isn’t the end of Two Upside Down Turtles. It’s a new beginning. It’s a new year for us to share together. Thank you all for your support over the last year. I’ll keep writing and I hope that you will keep reading.
I would like to end this post with a walk down memory lane. Here are my Top 10 posts from the last year.
10. When Your Faith Shatters you learn that God hears your prayers even when His answers seem to tarry.
9. Brett made the reservation for our family to see the ocean and we began Waiting For Something Awesome To Happen
8. Something Awesome Happened when Mikayla and Hope stick their feet in the ocean for the first time.
7. She just does it different than you do. Hope Through Daddy’s Eyes
6. Our family sees the ocean for the first time but Mikayla & Hope want to go to the swimming pool. Hoping Something Awesome Happens
5. Life is short. We should Just Let Them Have the Cotton Candy and enjoy their smiles.
4. I Can’t Do This Anymore so I asked God if He could do something to make life better for our family.
3. The girls yelled I Want a Corn Dog! and then I had a meltdown in the church parking lot.
2. I chose to enjoy what I have instead of wishing for what I don’t have in Why am I in Holland when I Really Wanted to go to Italy?
1. I learned that she probably walks in a pair of shoes that I don’t have to walk in. To The Lady Who Shook Her Head